Apu Vinicunca Peru Tour – Full Day Vinicunca Tour
Apu Vinicunca Peru Tour, famously known as the Full Day Vinicunca Tour, is one of the most popular full day tours in Cusco. Perhaps it is becoming the most prominent attraction, after Machu Picchu.
While trekking the Rainbow Mountain, you will see the impressive snow-capped peak of the Ausangate Mountain (6,385 m / 20,945 ft). ‘Apu’ Ausangate is considered as a holy mountain by the locals. Since pre-Inca times the Apu has been a place of worship to leave offerings, until today, this tradition continues.
During the Rainbow Mountain trek, along the way, you will see many other mountains that form part of the Vilcanota mountain range. These are a part of the world’s largest chain of mountains, the Andes. The scenery along the Rainbow Mountain trek is jaw-dropping. The trek would offer miraculous views, especially when you get to the summit.
Rainbow Mountain is one of the newest additions to day trips in Cusco. Nobody knew the existence of this colourfully striped mountain till the beginning of 2015. The mountain was once covered in a blanket of snow. When the ice started melting, it mixed with the minerals that got deposited on the surface of the mountain which turned into distinct colours.
For instance, the yellow colour is because of the iron sulphide, the rust mixtures have formed the red colour, chlorite deposits have formed into green and the oxidised limonite have purple formation.
Best Time to visit Rainbow Mountain:
The best time to visit the Rainbow Mountains are between the months of April and September. During the dry season you will have amazing blue and clear skies.
If you want to get that perfect Insta-shot, we suggest doing it after sunrise or at dusk as the bright rays of sunlight would make your photo dull due to excess light.
Join us on uncovering the beauty of this imposing Rainbow Mountain Peru landscape, highly recommended by visitors worldwide that rate the tour as an excellent trek getaway.
Please check our service and privacy statement and terms of service.
DeparturePick up from your Hotel
Departure Time5:00 AM.
Return TimeApproximately 6:00 PM.
Dress CodeWarm clothes, including jacket, fleeces, gloves, scarf and beanie/touk
IncludedAccommodationEntrancesFirst aid kit and emergency oxigenMealsPick up from your HotelProfessional GuideTransportation
Not IncludedWalking Stick
Day 1: Cusco – Vinicunca – Rainbow Mountain – Vinicunca – Cusco
- Pre trek briefing.
- Hotel transfer.
- Transport from Cusco to the Vinicunca.
- Entry fee to Rainbow Mountain.
- English/Quechua/Spanish speaking professional guide. (you will have an assistant guide for groups over 6 people).
- Chef and Cooking equipment. (Assistants are provided for larger groups)
- Toilet paper, pack-in &pack out.
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary .(optional vegetarian food).
- Breakfast and lunch.
- Bio-degradable personal hand soaps.
- One emergency horse which can be ridden if you are feeling ill or if are a little slower.
- Dining tent with camp tables and chairs & Kitchen tent for the cook to prepare meals.
- First aid kit including an emergency oxygen bottle.
- Tipping is completely optional, we take great care of our staff members.
- Rain gear jacket or rain poncho. Plastic ponchos can be bought for about $1 in Cusco.
- Sturdy and waterproof trekking shoes are highly recommended.
- Warm clothes, including jacket, fleeces, gloves, scarf and beanie.
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun, rain and cold.
- After-sun cream or hydrating cream for face and body.
- Walking sticks or poles. (You can rent a pair from us)
- Simply e-mail us or contact us through the chatbox on the bottom right of the page.
- We will be needing a 50% deposit to confirm your booking.
- Once we receive the payment, we will be e-mailing you a service confirmation voucher which would include a detailed summary of the Rainbow Mountain Trek.
- Should you need any information, do not hesitate to contact us. We will respond to your mail at the earliest.
- Rainbow Mountain TrekRainbow Mountain TrekRainbow Mountain TrekRainbow Mountain Trek CuscoRainbow Mountain Trek Cusco.
- Walking Stick $2 per day.
PRICE $USD PER PERSONPrivate Group
|Person||2||3||4||5-6||7-8||9-12||Per Person USD|