Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu 2 Day Tour – Sacred Valley Machu Picchu Tour
Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu 2 Day Tour popularly known as Sacred Valley Machu Picchu Tour, will give you a detailed insight into the culture of Incas. You will also get an overview of the history.
Both Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu played a significant role during the Inca civilization. As farming was the prime source of income, the Incas considered the valley sacred due to its extremely fertile land.
In fact sites like Moray were used as an agricultural laboratory. The Incas built distinct circular terraces with different levels which allowed them to experiment with the best weather condition needed to grow a crop.
The farming terraces of Moray, which barely resembles the Roman Amphitheatre, have different temperatures at each level. Legends say that there is a difference of 20 degrees celsius between the top and the bottom level.
Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu 2 Day Tour begins with a full-day Sacred Valley tour with our local English-speaking tour guide. You will be visiting some of the prominent archaeological sites.
On this tour, you will get an introduction to the Inca civilization. After the full-day tour, you will be taking a train to Aguas Calientes town.
The second day offers a full-day tour of Machu Picchu citadel. After a guided tour, you will be taking a train back to Ollantaytambo town and onward to your hotel in Cusco city.
Do take a moment to check our reviews on Trip Advisor.
DeparturePick up from your Hotel
Departure Time5:00 AM.
Return TimeApproximately 6:00 PM.
Dress CodeWarm clothes, including jacket, fleeces, gloves, scarf and beanie/touk
IncludedAccommodationEntrancesFirst aid kit and emergency oxigenMealsPick up from your HotelProfessional GuideTransportation
Not IncludedWalking Stick
Day 1: Cusco - Sacred Valley Tour - Aguas Calientes
Day 2: Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - Cusco
Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu 2 Day Tour Includes:
- Pick up from your hotel.
- English/ Spanish-speaking professional guide.
- Transport from Cusco to Sacred Valley in a private car.
- Train ticket (Expedition service) from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes.
- Roundtrip bus from Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu.
- Train ticket. (Expedition service) from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- Entry fee to Machu Picchu. (Huayna Picchu $15 extra)
- 1-night accommodation in Aguas Calientes in hotel ( Hotel Susana Inn or Hotel Andino )
- Private transport from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu 2 Day Tour Does not Include:
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu Mountain.
- Tourist Ticket for archeological sites.
- Snacks and Water.
- Tips: please note that our agency staff is well paid so please feel free to tip or not as you wish.
Recommended things to carry:
- Original Passport.
- ISIC card. (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho.
- Warm jacket.
- Comfortable Trousers.
- Sun hat.
- Sun cream. (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant.
- Personal medication.
- Camera and film.
How To Book?
- If you would like to make a reservation for this program, please e-mail us.
- Once you have chosen your tour, please read the Booking Terms & Conditions, as your booking is subject to these terms.
- Then fill out and submit the Reservation Form that you will find in the Booking Online section of this website.
- In case your reservation is confirmed, a money deposit will be requested to secure your reservation.
- Once we confirm the deposit reception, your booking is confirmed.
- A Service Confirmation Form will be sent to you including all the details of your program.
- In case you have any doubts, queries or require additional information, do not hesitate to contact us.
Available discounts these discounts are not cumulative.
- Students: US$ 29 students require a valid International Student Identity Card. Please note that Youth Travel Cards are not valid.
- Teenagers: US$ 20 up to 16 years of age, passport copy required for all bookings.
- Children: US$ 46 up to 10 years of age, passport.
- Train To Machu Picchu – Peru Rail Expedition Train.
- Distance from Cusco to Machu Picchu – 112km / 69.6 miles.
- Altitude at Machu Picchu – 2400m / 7873ft.
- Weather – dry from Abril to October, wet from December to March.
- If you wish to climb Huayna Picchu, permits need to be organised at the time of booking.
PRICE $USD PER PERSONPrivate Group
|Person||2||3||4||5-6||7-8||9-12||Per Person USD|