Colca Canyon Trekking – Colca Canyon Peru
The Colca Canyon Peru with a depth of 4160m (13648.29 ft) is the deepest canyon in South America and the second biggest in the world. Located in the Caylloma province, southeast of Arequipa.
In the bottom of the canyon lies a small hidden oasis. Here you can find tropical fruits, palm trees and refreshing pools. The descent is for about 1200m but totally worth it.
Thanks to its climate, it’s a natural habitat for many animals such as condors, alpacas, vizcachas or the puma.
In the surroundings you will observe overflowing Andean vegetation, making the perfect scenery for extreme sports such as mountaineering, canoeing or trekking. But it’s also a peaceful place to relax as well, thanks to the thermal waters at La Calera, another tourist attraction because of its healing properties.
You also can also spot Cruz del Condor, the notable viewpoint, is the highest point on this Colca Canyon trekking and where many trekkers stop to enjoy this incredible show.
This place is home of a vast number of Andean condors roost in the rocky outcrop. Often they can be seen gliding closer to the view point.
During this trek, you will receive a guided tour and will get an overview about the Incas and their rituals. At one point of the journey, you will come across locals dressed in their typical costume.
Their costumes and traditions are a lot different from the Andean people living in Cusco.
Colca Canyon Trekking – Colca Canyon Peru with Minka Peru Expedition:
Our 2 day Colca Canyon Trekking experience is ideal for adventurers seeking a quick getaway with a perfect combination of nature and culture.
The Colca Canyon Peru is one of the most visited destinations inside Peru. The country has a wide variety of places you can visit and enjoy such as navigating at Lake Titicaca, overfly The mysterious Nazca Lines or hike The famous Inca Trail to Machu Picchu; definitely Colca Canyon is one of those unforgettable places you must visit!
Please note some additional prices during your trip:
- Tourist tickets to the Colca Valley are about S/ 70 soles (foreigners).
- Entrance fee for La Calera’s thermal waters is around S/ 15 soles.
Why travel with us?
- Get immersed in the enchanting sights along our Colca Canyon Trek Peru.
- We will make sure that you will have enough time to get impressed with the awe-inspiring views around the Colca Canyon.
- Minka Peru guides are trained in first aid and on treating travelers with altitude sickness.
- We take pride in offering freshly cooked delicious Peruvian cuisine with vegan options on all our tours.
DeparturePick up from your Hotel
Departure Time3:30 AM.
Return TimeApproximately 6:00 PM.
Dress CodeWarm clothes, including jacket, fleeces, gloves, scarf and beanie/touk
IncludedAccommodationEntrancesFirst aid kit and emergency oxigenMealsPick up from your HotelProfessional GuideTransportation
Not IncludedWalking Stick
Day 1: Arequipa, Chivay, Cruz del Condor, San Miguel
Day 2: Oasis Sangalle, Cabana Conde, Arequipa
- Pre trek briefing.
- Pick-up from your hotel.
- English/Quechua/Spanish speaking professional guide. (you will have an assistant guide for groups with more than 6 trekkers)
- One textile snack bag per person, to avoid the usage of plastic bags that contaminate our environment.
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary. (optional vegetarian food)
- Bio-degradable personal hand soaps.
- 1 emergency horse which can be ridden if you are feeling ill or if are a little slower.
- Dining tent with camp tables and chairs & Kitchen tent for the cook to prepare meals.
- First aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle.
- Dinner on the last night.
- Tipping is completely optional. We take excellent care of our team members.
- A light day pack with a change of clothes for the whole period of the trek – prepare for a vast range of changes in temperature.
- Rain gear (jacket and pants if available) or rain poncho. Plastic ponchos can be bought for about $1 in Arequipa.
- Strong footwear, waterproof trekking boots recommended. Extra socks are a must.
- Sandals or plastic slip on thongs are also good to give your feet a chance to breath in the evenings if you wish to carry them.
- Warm clothes, including jacket.
- Torch/ Flashlight and spare batteries.
- Camera, films.
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun, rain and cold.
- Sun block.
- After-sun cream or hydrating cream for face and body.
- Insect repellent – minimum recommended 20% DEET – although no malaria risk has been reported.
- Snacks: biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, raw fruits, muesli, etc.
- Your own medical kit with any special medications that you might require, paracetamol, second skin for blisters etc.
- Small towel or sarong.
- Bathers/swimsuit. (if you intend on swimming in hot springs)
- Cash – sufficient for snacks and souvenirs.
- Walking sticks or poles.
- We can hire the following to you – please contact your Travel Consultant / or our booking forms for the current rates.
- If you would like to make a reservation for this program, please go directly to the Booking online section of this website.
- Once you have chosen your tour, please read the Booking Terms & Conditions, as your booking is subject to these terms.
- Then fill out and submit the Reservation Form that you will find in the Booking Online section of this website.
- In case your reservation is confirmed, a money deposit will be requested to secure your reservation.
- Once we confirm the deposit reception, your booking is confirmed.
- A Service Confirmation Form will be sent to you including all the details of your program.
- Should you have any query or need any further information, do not hesitate to write to us.
PRICE $USD PER PERSONPrivate Group