Quad Bike ATV Tours to Maras Moray
We offer this fantastic Quad Bike Tour to Maras and Moray. A quad bike tour is a unique yet memorable way to explore the two main sights those are part of the Sacred Valley.
Moray is a well known archaeological site at 3500 meters above the sea level. It consists of many terraced circular depressions, the largest among those is 30 meters deep. Just as many other Inca sites, it has an irrigation system too. The purpose of these depressions is still a mystery. However, it is believed that the orientation and the design are with respect to the sun and wind which creates a difference in temperature as much as 15 degrees celsius between the top and the bottom.
Maras is known for its salt evaporation ponds or the Maras salt mines, which have been used since the pre- Inca times. Salt is obtained here by evaporating the water which has a high salt content as it comes from the local subterranean system. This water comes out at a spring, a natural outlet of an underground stream. The flow of water is directed into a complex system of little channels that are built so that the water flows gradually to the many ancient terraced ponds. All ponds here are less than four meters square in area and none of those goes beyond thirty centimetres deep.
To visit these renowned sites, we start the tour from Cusco city or The Sacred Valley.
DeparturePick up from your Hotel
Departure Time5:00 AM.
Return TimeApproximately 6:00 PM.
Dress CodeWarm clothes, including jacket, fleeces, gloves, scarf and beanie/touk
IncludedAccommodationEntrancesFirst aid kit and emergency oxigenMealsPick up from your HotelProfessional GuideTransportation
Not IncludedWalking Stick
Day 1: Cusco – Maras - Moray
We will pick you up from your hotel within the historic centre of Cusco city. We will then start our 45 minutes journey to the community of Cruzpata which is located in the heart of the Sacred Valley of Incas. Here our guide will brief you about the route and will train you to manage your Quad Bike.
You will then start your journey trailing behind the guide along an unpaved road, you will then be riding around the Archaeological site of Moray, where our guide will share some insights on the site.
You will then head to the town of Maras, a town known for its salt evaporation ponds. On the way, you would spot the snow-capped peaks of Veronica and Chicon which falls under Urubamba mountain range. Once in Maras, you will walk through the salt mines where our guide will give you a tour.
After the tour, you will hop on to the vehicle for your journey back to Cusco.
Quad Bike ATV Tours to Maras Moray Includes:
- Professional bilingual tour guide.
- Honda TRX 420 – TRX 250 Quad Bikes.
- Security Equipment.
- Insurance. (SOAT)
- Entry fees.
- Water bottle.
- Hat, sunscreen and sunglasses.
- A light day pack to carry your things.
- Waterproof jacket.
- Warm jacket.
- Camera and film.
- Peruvian Soles in cash.
- If you would like to make a reservation for this program, please e-mail us.
- Once you have chosen your tour, please read the Booking Terms & Conditions, as your booking is subject to these terms.
- Then fill out and submit the Reservation Form that you will find in the Booking Online section of this website.
- We will be requesting you to make a deposit to secure your reservation.
- Upon receiving the deposit payment, we will confirm your booking.
- We will be sending a service confirmation with complete details of your tour with us.
- In case you have any doubts, queries or require additional information, do not hesitate to contact us.
PRICE $USD PER PERSONPrivate Group
|Person||2||3||4||5-6||7-8||9-12||Per Person USD|