Laguna Humantay Day Trip is one of the popular full-day trips from Cusco. Humantay Lake is a high-altitude turquoise lake. It is a natural beauty snuggled between the snow-capped mountains of the Peruvian Andes.
Humantay Lake is a glacial lake. The lake flows on the foothills of Mount Humantay (after which it is named). The turquoise waters are a result of the melting glaciers of Mount Humantay. This is one of the hidden gems in the Vilcabamba Mountain Range.
Locals believe that Salkantay and Ausangate mountains were brothers. The lagoon was born from Salkantay’s tears of the sadness he felt for leaving his love ‘The Goddess Veronica’. The captivating colors of the lagoon reflect his authentic feelings.
During the Laguna Humantay Day Trip, you will be part of the millenary ritual in honor of Pachamama (Mother Earth). Which consists of showing your respect by placing stones and coca leaves. As a way of gratitude for letting you enter and arrive safely.
Just as Rainbow Mountain, Humantay Lake is a popular destination for a full-day hike, over a thousand tourists, visit the turquoise lake in a day.
Please note that the Laguna Humantay Day Trip is a high-altitude experience. The highest point is at 4,200 meters above sea level (12630 feet). We highly recommend you to spend a few days in Cusco and acclimatize to avoid altitude sickness.
Day Trip to Laguna Humantay
Short of time on your trip to Peru? Relax! We have you covered. Minka Peru Expedition specializes in customized short day tours with a lot of flexibility in timing if you are planning to visit Cusco for a few days.
So just relax and get in touch with us to plan your memorable day trip to Laguna Humantay.
Why travel with us?
Immerse yourself in the enchanting sights along the way to Laguna Humantay.
- We will make sure that you will have enough time to immerse yourself in the breathtaking views around the lagoon.
- Minka Peru guides get extensive training on first aid and on treating travelers with altitude sickness.
- We take pride in offering freshly cooked delicious Peruvian cuisine with vegan options on all our tours.
Humantay Lake is a part of the Peruvian Andes. It is subject to two seasons – dry season and rainy season. The best time to do the Humantay Lake Hike is during the dry season – between March and November.
We offer Humantay lake tours as a small group tour. Do take a moment to check out the reviews of those who experienced the tour with us, on Trip Advisor.
Can you swim in lake Humantay?
No, it’s not possible to swim at Laguna Humantay. Swimming it’s forbidden in order to protect the algae and bacteria that give the lagoon its unique colors.
How hard is the hike to Humantay Lake?
It’s not hard to hike to Humantay Lake. The trip from Soraypampa to the lagoon takes around 1 and a half hours to complete. Also the road has a gradual uphill.
Is Laguna Humantay worth? Is it worth Visiting Humantay Lake?
Visiting the Laguna Humantay is a great experience. The lagoon is located in the middle of the Andes, and it stands out for its green and blue waters. The hike to the lagoon is short and goes through beautiful Andean landscapes.
DeparturePick up from your Hotel
Departure Time5:00 AM.
Return TimeApproximately 6:00 PM.
Dress CodeWarm clothes, including jacket, fleeces, gloves, scarf and beanie/touk
IncludedAccommodationEntrancesFirst aid kit and emergency oxigenMealsPick up from your HotelProfessional GuideTransportation
Not IncludedWalking Stick
Day 1: CUSCO–MOLLEPATA-HUMANTAY
Lake Humantay Day TripWe will be picking you up from your hotel between 0500 and 0530 in the morning. We offer complimentary hotel transfers to those who stay within the historic center of Cusco. If you are not staying at hotel within the pickup zone, we will meet you at the main square - Plaza de Armas. After a short introduction, we will begin our two hours drive to Mollepata District. It is 2976 meters above sea level. Here we will be serving you a typical Andean breakfast. After breakfast, we will be driving you further for an hour to Soraypampa at 3912 meters. This is the starting point of the Humantay Lake Trek. Before beginning the trek, the tour guide will be giving you a short briefing. We will then start hiking with a gradual uphill hike to Humantay Lake. It normally takes 1.5 hours to get to the top. The turquoise lake nestles at 4200 meters above sea level. We will have ample time to get immersed in the enchanting views of the Lagoon and the snow-capped peak of Humantay Mountain. If desired, you can hike further 15 minutes to a viewpoint. You will get a jaw-dropping view of the Andean landscape. After relishing the beauty of nature on this Laguna Humantay Day Trip, we will start hiking back to Sorypampa. We will be driving you back to Mollepata where we will stop for lunch before driving back to Cusco City.
- Cusco hotel transfer.
- Bi-lingual Guide.
- Entrance to Laguna Humantay.
- First-aid kit.
- Any personal expense.
- A light day pack
- Rain gear (jacket and pants if available) or rain poncho. You can buy them in Cusco for USD 1.
- Strong footwear, waterproof trekking boots recommended.
- Warm clothes, including jacket, fleeces, gloves, scarf and beanie/touk.
- Camera, films, and batteries (batteries consume more quickly under cold conditions)
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun, rain, and cold
- After-sun cream or hydrating cream for face and body
- Snacks: biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, raw fruits, muesli, etc.
- Cash – Peruvian Soles.
- If you would like to make a reservation for this program, please e-mail us.
- Once you have chosen your tour, please read the Booking Terms & Conditions, as your booking is subject to these terms.
- Then fill out and submit the Reservation Form that you will find in the Booking
- The online section of this website.
- We will be requesting you to make a deposit to secure your reservation.
- Upon receiving the deposit payment, we will confirm your booking. We will be sending a service confirmation with complete details of your tour with us.
- In case you have any doubts, queries or require additional information, do not hesitate to contact us.
- Walking Stick $2 per day.
PRICE $USD PER PERSONPrivate Group
|Person||2||3||4||5-6||7-8||9-12||Per Person USD|