Inca Jungle Trek to Machu Picchu – Inca Jungle Trek 4 Days
Inca Jungle Trek to Machu Picchu popularly known as Inca Jungle Trek 4 Days is a unique yet adventurous way to reach Machu Picchu from Cusco. And it’s widely popular among young thrill-seekers who come to South America looking for sports and adventures.
During the trip, we will be visiting the city of Ollantaytambo, a living Inca settlement and one of the most visited places in the Sacred Valley. You can also visit the Archaeological ruins that served as a fortress during the Spanish conquest.
As well as the largely unexplored Inca ruins of Llactapata. These have been recently restored. You will be able to get a glimpse of Machu Picchu and the Huayna Picchu.
You also will be visiting Santa Teresa town which is a point of encounter between different tourist places. From here you can take the route to arrive at Choquequirao too. One of the main attractions of the place is the natural hot springs of Coccalmayo.
Definitely, we cannot forget to visit the Historical Sanctuary of Machu Picchu and learn more about the ancient Inca culture.
Our Inca Jungle Trail includes downhill mountain biking, grade III or IV, rapids river rafting, trekking through the jungle. And an option of zip-lining amidst the dense cloud forest.
The adrenaline-filled tour ends with a visit to the emblematic citadel of the Incas ‘Machu Picchu’.
If you intend to hike Machu Picchu Mountain or Huayna Picchu mountain then do let us know at the time of booking the tour.
Why Minka Peru Expedition?
At Minka Peru Expedition, we have exclusive English-speaking local guides who have extensive knowledge about Inca tradition and history. They also have training on First Aid and on providing immediate assistance in case of Altitude sickness.
We are local tour operators.
This itinerary has been carefully planned to make sure of the comforts of your trip. We will offer you the best experience you could have through this amazing high jungle adventure!
DeparturePick up from your Hotel
Departure Time5:00 AM.
Return TimeApproximately 6:00 PM.
Dress CodeWarm clothes, including jacket, fleeces, gloves, scarf and beanie/touk
IncludedAccommodationEntrancesFirst aid kit and emergency oxigenMealsPick up from your HotelProfessional GuideTransportation
Not IncludedWalking Stick
Day 1: CUSCO – MALAGA PASS – SANTA MARIA
Day 2: SANTA MARIA – SANTA TERESA
Day 3: SANTA TERESA – LLACTAPATA – HIDROELECTRICA – AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU
Day 4: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – OLLANTAYTAMBO – CUSCO
- Times mentioned on this itinerary are approximate.
- Duration of a hike depends on how you will progress.
- The trip offers plenty of adventure.
- Available discount these discount are not cumulative.
- Students: US$ 29 students require a valid International Student Identity Card. Please note that Youth Travel Cards are not valid.
- Teenagers: US$ 20 up to 16 years of age, passport copy required for all bookings.
- Children: US$ 46 up to 10 years of age, passport.
- Although we operate this trek throughout the year, April to November is considered to an ideal time of the year for Inka Jungle Trek to Machu Picchu.
- Pre trek briefing.
- Pick-up from your hotel in the morning of trek departure.
- Transport from Cusco to the trailhead at the beginning of the trek in private car.
- Entry fee to Machu Picchu. (Huayna Picchu $15 extra)
- English/Quechua/Spanish speaking professional guide. (you will have an assistant guide for groups over 6 people)
- Tents – 2 people in a 4 person tent which allows for greater comfort, and also storage of backpacks.
- Basic foam mattress.
- Toilet tent.
- Toilet paper, pack-in &pack out.
- Bio-degradable personal hand soaps.
- Horses (for equipment and personal items) including horsemen. They carry camping equipment, food, and kitchen utensils. We provide duffel bags at
- your briefing for your personal items. (up to 7 kg/15lbs per person)
- 1 emergency horse which can be ridden if you are feeling ill or if are a little slower.
- Tents for our staff to sleep in.
- First-aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle.
- Bus up and down from Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu.
- Train or equivalent luggage from Hydroelectric Station to Aguas Calientes.
- Train ticket (Expedition service) from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- Private transport from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- 1-night accommodation in Aguas Calientes in a basic hotel.
- One textile snack bag per person, to avoid the usage of plastic bags that contaminate our environment.
- Cook and Cooking equipment. (Assistants are provided for larger groups)
- Meals (optional vegetarian food). Our professional cooks prepare meals that incorporate elements of the western diet and also traditional Peruvian delicacies. (Please communicate with your guide/cook during the trek if you have a preference for certain types of dishes) We use hot water to wash fruits and vegetables.
- Dining tent with camp tables and chairs & Kitchen tent for the cook to prepare meals.
- Celebratory dinner in Aguas Calientes.
- Lunch on the last day.
- Others: hot water every morning and evening for washing purposes / boiled water to fill in your water bottle every morning and night, and at lunchtime, if requested with enough time ahead.
- Dinner on the last night.
- Huayna Picchu entrance fee: if you would like to climb this mountain an additional fee of US $16 per personal applies Breakfast on the first morning.
- Entrance to the thermal springs.
- Sleeping bags – If you haven’t got a sleeping bag or you don’t want the hassle of bringing one all the way to Peru with you, then we have sleeping bags for hire.
- Tips: please note that our agency staff is well paid so please feel free to tip or not as you wish.
- A light day pack with a change of clothes for the whole period of the trek – prepare for a vast range of changes in temperature.
- Sandals or plastic slip on thongs are also good to give your feet a chance to breathe in the evenings if you wish to carry them.
- Warm clothes, including jacket, fleeces, gloves, scarf and beanie/touk. Thermal clothing is also recommended, especially for sleeping.
- Sleeping bag. (we can hire these to you)
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun, rain, and cold.
- After-sun cream or hydrating cream for face and body.
- Insect repellent – minimum recommended 20% DEET – although no malaria risk has been reported. Snacks: biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, raw fruits, muesli, etc.
- Non-disposable canteen (Nalgene type) and water for the first morning.
- Your own medical kit with any special medications that you might require, paracetamol, second skin for blisters, etc
- Small towel.
- Swimsuit (if you wish to go to the hot springs.
- Cash in soles and/or US$.
- Original passport.
- Rain gear (jacket and pants if available) or rain poncho. (plastic ponchos you can buy them in Cusco)
- Strong footwear, waterproof trekking boots recommended.
- Flashlight/headlamp and batteries.
- Camera and batteries. (batteries consume more quickly under cold conditions)
- Water container and water for the first morning.
- Important notice: plastic water bottles are no longer allowed into Machu Picchu. Plastic water containers (ie. Nalgene) or metal ones are recommended.
- Optionally: water- sterilizing tablets in case you pick up water from streams or rivers along the route. Otherwise, we provide filtered boiled water, which is safe to drink and has not reported any health problem so far.
- Original International Student Identity Card (in case you have applied for a student discount.
- Optional: walking sticks or poles. (rubber covers required in order not to damage archaeological sites)
- If you would like to make a reservation for this program, please e-mail us.
- Once you have chosen your tour, please read the Booking Terms & Conditions, as your booking is subject to these terms.
- Then fill out and submit the Reservation Form that you will find in the Booking Online section of this website.
- Once we confirm a spot, we will send you an email indicating you to make an advance payment.
- Upon receiving the advance payment, we will be emailing you a voucher with details of the tour.
- In case you have any doubts, queries or require additional information, please contact us, we will be glad to assist you.
- Deluxe Sleeping Bag suitable for -15deg. $5.00 per trip day.
- Walking stick lightweight aluminium $2.00 per day, per stick.
- Inflatable Mattress $5 per day.
- Aguas Calientes Extra Day & Upgrade.
PRICE $USD PER PERSONPrivate Group
|Person||2||3||4||5-6||7-8||9-12||Per Person USD|