Waqrapukara (Full Day Tour)
Waqrapukara is a recently discovered archaeological site. It sits along the southern plateau of the Sacred Valley of Incas, past the district of Four Lakes. Waqrapukara was once an Incan temple fortress.
Waqrapukara has started getting popularity as a hidden gem among camping adventure and trekking seekers. The site has eight agricultural terraces. Waqrapukara in Quechua means ”horn shaped fortress”
What to expect:
- Exclusive hiking tour ensures personalised service.
- Stay energised with a provided breakfast and lunch.
- Join the guide for a spiritual ceremony at Waqrapukara.
- Convenient pickup and drop-off at your Cusco hotel.
DeparturePick up from your Hotel
Departure Time5:00 AM.
Return TimeApproximately 6:00 PM.
Dress CodeWarm clothes, including jacket, fleeces, gloves, scarf and beanie/touk
IncludedAccommodationEntrancesFirst aid kit and emergency oxigenMealsPick up from your HotelProfessional GuideTransportation
Not IncludedWalking Stick
Day 1: Cusco – Cusipata
We will be picking you up from your hotel early at 0400 AM. Then we will start our journey to Cusipata village. At Cusipata, we will stop for breakfast at around 06:00 AM. As we would continue our journey we will be visiting Pomacanchi Lagoon. We will stop in Huayqui village and start trekking for almost three hours (7.5 kilometres).
Once in Waqrapukara, our guide would give you a tour. He would talk about many things that only a handful of people know. Our guide would walk you trough the main square, towers (“Torreones”), “Inti Punku” (Sun Gate) and platforms and premises of the God Wiracocha.
Also from the top, you would get an impressive sight of the Apurimac River and Andes. We will then start our hike back to the village of Huayqui.
At Huayqui, we will stop for lunch. After lunch we will start our journey to Cusco.
We will drop you off at Plaza Regocijo (Plaza Kusipata), next to the main square, Plaza De Armas approximately at 0600 PM.
Waqrapukara Day Trip Includes:
- Professional bilingual tour guide (English and Spanish).
- Breakfast and lunch box (vegetarian option available).
- Entrance fee to Wakrapukara.
- Snacks and other meal not described.
- Travel insurance.
- Water bottle.
- Hat, sunscreen and sunglasses.
- A light day pack to carry your things.
- Camera and film.
- Peruvian Soles in cash.
- If you would like to make a reservation for this program, please e-mail us.
- Once you have chosen your tour, please read the Booking Terms & Conditions, as your booking is subject to these terms.
- Then fill out and submit the Reservation Form that you will find in the Booking Online section of this website.
- We will be requesting you to make a deposit to secure your reservation.
- Upon receiving the deposit payment, we will confirm the booking.
- We will be sending a service confirmation with complete details of your tour with us.
- In case you have any doubts, queries or require additional information, do not hesitate to contact us.
PRICE $USD PER PERSONPrivate Group
|Person||2||3||4||5-6||7-8||9-12||Per Person USD|